RCU Forums - View Single Post - How to recover from a tip (wing) stall?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: How to recover from a tip (wing) stall?

And not all planes are prone to stalling. The Bipe I lost in my big one was this little Krier kraft, scratch built from Gordon Whitehead plans. It was powered with a YS 1.10. I was also showing off when it happened and trying to side slip it in for a landing in front of the guys. I have now lost three planes showing off and decided it wasn't the best thing to do. I'm also not good enough to be showing off anyway!! The other is my one off Patty Extra 300. I have flown a lot of Extras, one of the better planes around. They are not prone to stalling and if you are flying too slow they give you a wing bobble for a warning, this one doesn't. I gave it away a few months ago. It also wanted to stall if you weren't under power and pulling out of a horizontal. I once stalled it a couple feet off the ground, managed to touch all four tips but didn't hurt the plane. Another foot higher and it would have required repairs. That was my only Extra that gave no stall warning. You can look at the Krier and see why you had to watch it, I didn't!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13244.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	1553188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27345.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1553189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19716.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	86.5 KB