View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 03:54 PM
burtona
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1980 TOC Laser 200 by Ulery

ORIGINAL: Taurus Flyer

Burtona,

Very nice plane and we all want to see these flying but I do see your pictures and all looks very well for that, only picture 4.
Aren’t you afraid to loose on one moment the tail feathers. When the glue connections do fail, it can happen during a midair with a foamy for example.

It doesn’t seem too difficult to insert an invisible connection from top to bottom of the fuselage with a nut and some reinforcements, only a picture to think about. Dimensions to calculate to keep it light but success guaranteed.
The connection fixed with the top part, feathers.

Cees
Cees,
Thanks for the good words. See detail pictures of the stab/fin arrangement below. I use 4 carbon fiber pins into the fusalage bulkhead and the plywood tail post to hold in position. Two 4-40 machine screws with blind nuts into the plywood plate attach the stab and fin and lock into position. This will provide adaquate strength and rigidity.

Planebow,
I plan to use eight 2-56 X 12" steel pushrods with one side of a steel clevis (one threaded and one soldered) attached to the hardpoints built into the stab and fin with 2-56 machine screws rather than wire.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62359.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1555309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31064.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1555310