RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzones New Warbird F4F Wildcat
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 08:26 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzones New Warbird F4F Wildcat

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Did you move the control linkage in to the closest hole on the control surface horn? And move the control linkage out to the farthest hole on the servo horn?
This is a fun question when comparing the Wildcat and the Thunderbolt linkages. Both planes are set up for slightly above minimum required control surface deflection angles with the transmitter set on low rate for operations under average sea level conditions.

The neat thing about the F4F is that all controls and servos are stock and are easy to compare with other F4Fs. All servo horns have the linkages in the outer holes. Ailerons horns have the linkages located one hole down from maximum and the rudder is set one hole up from minimum as is the elevator's horn. The special prop and 30 amp ESC makes this plane a killer from sea level to over (2) miles high density altitude - love it!

The P-47 surprised me. The ailerons require maximum control deflection with the linkage set as you have described. Rudder and twin redundant independently operating little elevator servos inside the Snortin' Bull requires 100% greater elevator deflection angles than recommended by the Instruction Manual and the rudder is adjusted with 13% higher deflection angles than is recommended by the Manual. Like the Wildcat the Thunderbolt is balanced right on the recommended CG point.

All I need now is a lot of practice. So, I shall attempt to do my duty to 'Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win.'

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.