RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pending FAA restrictions on RC
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 07:25 AM
G-Pete

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pending FAA restrictions on RC

ORIGINAL: saramos
I don't know your source, but one of our club members attended the AMA/FAA meeting that was held at the AMA Convention last month. There was no talk of specific restrictions.
Scott
Scott, the ARC Aviation Rulemaking Committee was commenced in June of 2008. This committee submitted the proposed rules to the FAA in March 2009 - somehow the AMA got wind of it.

In 2009 I found articles over the AMA section of RCU and looked into that deeper. The proposed rules (some of them in the first post here), I posted here and in the Jet forum. Two days later the threads were deleted - the moderators didn't want to stir the community.

The RC community is too small to have an impact on the ARC and FAA decision - especially when you don't get support from the Forums like RCU.

When the government creates a committee, it expects results. The committee will not submit the AMA has a 75 year impeccable safety record and no changes are necessary. The committee has to bring result and WILL propose the RC aircrafts are a threat to the aviation and strict rules has to be formed and executed.

Again, I posted that two years ago and nobody was listening....
Now it's too late - just pray you can fly next season. As for me ALL my birds make over 100mph - so the whole fleet is grounded.