RCU Forums - View Single Post - Horsepower War A Brewing!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Obeast44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!

ORIGINAL: Lunatik Engineering

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

There is a horsepower war a brewing between some manufactors!! Skopod 62cc torque monster!! OBR 50cc 10 hp Inline Twin!!! And new kid on the block the BZM 23cc 6hp + micro motor!!!! The BZM is the first purpose built motor that I have heard of made specfically for 1/5 scale cars. The BZM is a Italian made motor with some unique features , like reed induction and o-rings instead of gaskets on the motor!! Here is a video of the mighty mouse motor from BZM http://www.bzm-micro.com/images/dyno.flv ( note you have to download this video ) I wonder which manufactor will win the horsepower war with the best preforming most durable motor?? Which motor do you think will become king of the mill the 62cc skopod, OBR 50cc Twin or new kid on the block the BZM??
I think it's funny when some off these companies make hp/torque claims and never publish dyno test results while others like
BZM, CC racing and TS welcome 3rd party dyno testing or introduce a new motor with a dyno video.
I think rumors are started with exaggerated figures and some companies won't/don't dispute these high figures by showing actual results so they can sell more product.
99% of these engine builders have in house dyno services or direct access to one. I know if i built a new motor I would want the world to know how it performed by showing dyno data just as BZM as done with this new introduction.
How do you have a HP shootout with a bunch of inflated rumors??
If I am wrong about the price of these motors, and I hope I am, I will wait to see your numbers before making my purchase. Im definitely interested in seeing what they make on your dyno compared to the other engines.