RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Rampage MT V3- Let's review UPDATE: 2/24/11...gone...
Old 02-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Rampage MT V3- Let's review UPDATE: 2/24/11...gone...

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

The truck looks great Dale, especially with those meatier rims on. I know from fiddling with 1/6th scale savages that having huge MT rims and tires is an intoxicating proposition, but the reality is often disappointing.

It's good you stuck with it, I've been eyeing up a Rampage to convert to brushless where the problem of bogging with the petrol motor would be suitably offset with a gnarly enough drive system. If the truck isn't reliable though then it's pointless heaping further complexity onto it with a power conversion.
Thanks for the compliment. My Rampage and I are doing better for sure after another few runs.

IMO I think that the drivetrain could probably handle a big brushless setup if you can get some kind of slipper in place to ease into the power instead of dumping it all onto the drivetrain immediately. Once the drivetrain is engaged and rolling out, that isn't going to be a problem. It's only when you throw 3HP of brushless torque from a dead stop that I could see parts screaming for help.