RCU Forums - View Single Post - Binding Light Flashing with new AR8000 Receiver?
Old 02-07-2011, 01:34 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Binding Light Flashing with new AR8000 Receiver?

OK - if I read your first post right -
You bind the AR8000 with the plug, using the battery into another port. Fast flashy lights, then solid lights, like you would expect.

Then, pull the bind plug, and turn off the RX and TX. Then, you're turning ON the RX, then the TX, and you get flashing lights. Are they flashing as fast as they are when you enter bind mode, or slower?

Everything seems to work fine in the binding process. I connect the binding plug to the battery connection on the receiver, and connect a battery to one of the other free channels. Hold down the binding button, and power on the transmitter. It does it's thing for a second, or two, and both lights go solid (the one on the receiver, and the one on the satalite receiver). Just the way it's suppose to. However, when I remove the binding plug, and battery. Then turn off the transmitter, and connect the battery to the battery connection on the receiver. When I turn on the transmitter it does't do it thing, and both lights immediately start flashing. All the servos still seem to work in their normal manner. But without a steady light I don't trust it in an expensive model.

Try the bind, unplug the bind connector & battery, turn the TX off. Then, turn the TX on first, wait a bit, and turn the RX on without the bind plug.

Could the flashing you're seeing be the indication of a brown out? (momentary power loss) I've noticed this before if I turn off the RX and plug the battery right back into the battery port - the RX thinks it had a momentary power outage, and the flashing lights are indication of that.

Note that I don't have an AR8000 to try, but with AR7000's with the most recent firmware in them, I've seen them blink if I unplug and plug the battery pretty quickly after binding.