RCU Forums - View Single Post - Binding Light Flashing with new AR8000 Receiver?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:59 AM
3D Romeo
My Feedback: (111)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Binding Light Flashing with new AR8000 Receiver?

You are correct Andy.

I just ran a bunch of tests this morning, and as you said, if you leave the transmitter on it doesn't matter how long you wait to power on the receiver. The lights will almost always start flashing immediately upon powering up the receiver again (the reason I say 'almost' is because sometimes, for whatever reason, one or both of the lights will go solid upon powering up again?).

So the main point learned here is to make sure to turn off the transmitter EVERY time before powering up the receiver (which it does mention in step 6 of the binding process in the DX8 manual). Not just after binding, but EVERY time before you power on the receiver.

I did find it weird that the only 'problem' I had with binding was with the new AR8000 receiver. Considering all my other Spektrum receivers bound instantly with no problems. But now I can see that it's just the fancy new Quick Connect technology in the new receiver looking out for me.

Thanks for the help!

Mark