RCU Forums - View Single Post - Twin Cities Auction (Minnesota)
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 07:31 PM
paint-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Twin Cities Auction (Minnesota)

I was at the auction and also had a good time as usual there. I did also find it "odd" (like you, I can't decide if it was a good / bad thing) for the hobby shop owner / owners to bid on items while they are there selling as well. On the other hand, I figured if they are bidding on an item, then obviously that item is going for a good price considering they have to take it back to the hobby shop and re-sell it for a profit yet. Short story: If they quit bidding and everyone else kept raising the bids, I figured the price for that item was getting higher than it's "true value" (though if I want something, the price really doesn't matter, as long as I'm happy with it. Of course within reason, and if my wife doesn't know!)

I'll certainly be going again next year as well

ORIGINAL: wldhair

Just got back formthe Auction . Had a great time and ending up buying a couple of planes .
I had one concern and I'm not sure anything could or even should be done about it , so I'll just kinda lay it out there and see what kinda feed back it creates

I noticed I was getting out bid on ALOT of items buy the owners of local hobby shops , who basically have a bottomless checkbook . I'm not sure thats really fair and seeing as how they are set up at the auction and selling their products to the same people they are out bidding and you know they're just going to take the item back to their shop and re sell it .

I know their money is just as good as anyone elses -but it just doesn't seem right or fair to the rest of the bidders . PLease don't view this as a complaint more like an observation.

I had a great time and plan on attending next year . Great event and very well run

Tom