RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cen GST 7.7 BRUSHLESS BUILD!
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 12:42 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Cen GST 7.7 BRUSHLESS BUILD!

A Little UPDATE....

I JUST got the T Bolt in the other day. Yikes CEN, it takes you a long time to deliver a part..thats all i'm going to say there. I order parts off ebay 5 days later than the T bolt and I got them before I got the part from Cen... Anyway.....!

The new T Bolt is on, so I took the truck out last night in my front yard on 2S lipos JUST to test the drivability to see if anything would break.......no fast speed runs or anything yet.

Slowly starting out she runs smooth but when I MASH the throttle I can see a SPARK shooting out of the bottom of the truck. I THOUGHT to myself, heck no the T Bolt didn't break into pieces again did it?

After bringing it inside (it was dark out) I looked over it and didn't see any problems with the T BOLT.

SO the only other thing I can think of is.....I suspect the gear meshing may be too loose? But again thats a guess right now. It looks good and sounds good but maybe it's still a bit too loose and the teeth are slipping and that may be what is causing the spark considering when I MASH the throttle it sparks (it did it twice).

SO i will be readjusting the gear mesh tonight in the hope it will be fixed and the Brushless GST beast will be ready to get the crap bashed out of it

STAY TUNED as we may have some videos by this weekend if everything goes well