RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need help buying first large scale
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 07:34 AM
mooman007uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help buying first large scale

that FG is a really good deal considering all the upgrades it has cos FG stuff isn't cheap and you always have the option of converting to 4 wheel drive down the road for 400bucks(every now and then the kit comes on special for 275). maybe hold back on the buy it now and you may get it for less than 1500 as there's no reserve. the 4wd beetle is a nice unit but the ebay item has about 15-1800 in upgrades, comes with spares and can be converted, the beetle is bone stock.

I've seen a cen run personally and whilst OK it's still a low to mid grade quality clone like the KM... and not something I'd recommend for hard bashing or big jumps...the KM seems to be ok but again will need money throwing at it in upgrades...check the huge KM thread here on rcu for more info

the redcat XT/XB is being pumped up it seems before it's had a chance to prove itself but does show promise...only been out for a few weeks and is having a few teething problems albeit minor right now, it's not known how they'll be after 20-30 tanks of hard running yet though, it's an entry level rc, great price but not near FG quality. Another decent option to consider is the nutechs, proven to be very tough and reliable with just a few affordable upgrades, very bash worthy.

But keeping to your list i'd recommend the ebay item followed by the fgbeetle.