RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 05:06 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey Guys,

Just a quick note, I started working on my 500#2 and found it over all to be in pretty good shape. I replaced both uppper and lower main bearings. I have checked every screw and removed and replaced them so I know its right and loctited as I went. I found three servo wires cut open to where they were bare from a frame rub! I found a servo arm that was split at the end of the hole where the ball was screwed in because I took them all off to look just for that and to loctite the little nuts. I replaced the top main gear and the other day and I had replaced two servos gears. I have found the main shaft and f shafts both in good shape!. I had to re-center all servos as they were waaaay off. I have to adjust the height of the swashplate as the arms are not perfectly horizontal when at 50% stick within the head.

So tomorrow I will finish the swash/head height, put on my blades, dial in my pitch, and then.............. I have to replace the motor bearings. After doing this my old 500 motor I know what to do there, and boys, it ain't easy either. Then a test hover. I figure I have about 3 hours to put in before she is ready lift off.

Now I am off for Pizza and a cold beer at my daughters house so I can install her Carbonite auto computer backup. It takes about one to two days to back up the entire system. It is a very slow process, however when that is done everything you do like, websites favorites, doc's, spreed sheets, pictures, videos, they all start downloading as soon as the computer sees them. Pretty neat.

JPEE OUT!