RCU Forums - View Single Post - PowerBox or Not ?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 11:35 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: PowerBox or Not ?

ORIGINAL: HarryC

Please don't flame me for saying this, am not evangelising just making aware..............

If you regularly make models that have a lot of servos and/or a large power requirement and you often use Powerbox or Emcotec or other brand add-ons to handle power distribution and multiply the servo outputs etc, and your tx has rf module rather than built-in rf deck, then you should take a look at what Weatronics offers. Here's why -

The Weatronic large 12-22 Rx seem jolly expensive, but if you add up the cost of your normal Rx, plus power regulators with multiple regulator redundancy, electronic switch, programmable multiple outputs on every output (only the higher end Powerboxes have programmability, and then only on some outputs afaik) you will often pay far more than the cost of the Weatronic 12-22. It doesn't take many Weatronic Rx to pay back the cost of buying the Tx module. And if you use gyros, the additional cost of Weatronic rx with gyros built in is hugely cheaper than decent brand external gyros and generally much more programmable and useable too. Just one Wea rx with two internal gyros will pay for the Tx module and still have a saving compared to buying a single external gyro such as the popular ACT Fuzzy Pro. Now, having made all that financial saving, you find the Wea's additional programmability is far and beyond the ability of Powerbox and Emcotec, and its ''black box'' data recorder telemetry is fantastic for giving peace of mind about how well or poorly the system is doing at its limits, and for analysing what went wrong, after a crash.

That's why, if you use add-ons, you should consider converting to Weatronic. It can be much cheaper and is definitely much better equipped. If it's not for you, that's fine it's your decision, your models. It's better that you are aware of Weatronic and look into it and decide not to, than don't because you don't realise it is there and how cheap and good it actually is.

Harry

corect me if i am wrong but as far as i know weatronic use only ONE battery and not TWO like PowerBox that share the load on two batteries

...plus on a powerbox you cant lose a plug need to work the swich cause it doesnt have one.

my 2c