RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aurora 9 and servo jitter
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 11:35 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9 and servo jitter

ORIGINAL: Brent@Amazian Hi
I was wondering if anyone could help, I have just purchased an Aurora 9 with exactly the same jitter probelms on the servos. If I turn on the receiver after about 30 secs the servos go nuts. I have also tried different receivers with the same problems. The batteries are fully charged and certanly capable of driving the servos. If I connect the SPC port direct to the Lipo I intailly get a voltage reading of around 22 Volts whichI confirmed with a multimeter, after about 30 secs the voltage on the Aurora 9 display drops to approx 18V which is incorrect as the multimeter still display 22v. I am now convinced the transmitter is faulty and was wondering if it would be worth whileordering another TX Module before sending the handset in for warranty I am in a remote part of South Africaat a lodgewww.amazian.netand maybe should have gone the Futaba route. Has anyone confirmed where the jitter problems are originating? Thanks Brent
V1.06, V1.07 or V1.08? First, please try a re-set of your ID_Setup and in need, either reflash/upgrade theSpectra module.
AFHSS - ID_Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Test Procedure Aurora 9, Spectra 2.4Ghz Module <> Optima Receiver.

Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servo Move Slower Than Usual -Rebind. Switched between Normal <> Scan mode with power off before process completed.
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servo Wag When RX Turned On Reason & Prevention of Servo Wag (especially when switching on some ESC) .
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servos Stepping - Battery pack (power supply) failing under load.

Hitec 2.4 GHz System Firmware Update Manual .pdf
Aurora 9 - Firmware Update V1.06 Details.
Aurora 9 - Firmware Update V1.07(1) & (2), Spectra V2.0 & HPP-22 V1.04 - 01Oct10. (inc PDF update enhancements, inc set failsafe via HPP-22 & how uninstall V1.03 before new install.)
Aurora 9 - Firmware Update V1.08 Manual.....Screen shots of the new displays plus additonal information.
Optima 7 & 9 - Firmware update V1.02 - 23Jun10, Update is for HTS-SS receptor system only, otherwise not required as it does not impact other functions & resolution if update issue.

Transmitter On First - Off Last

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers
- FAQ & Undocumented Features

- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

(quick search = Ctrl+F)