RCU Forums - View Single Post - question about a Traxxas Rustler XL-5
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 06:31 PM
rayndog3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: question about a Traxxas Rustler XL-5

you are correct, i think they started to have low voltage cutoff around the end of last year.
ORIGINAL: res3567

Yea well I believe not all XL-5s have this capability. Mine was used off of Ebay bought 2 years ago...and did not have it.....however...my dads Rusty...which is about six months old does....at least that is what the box and the manual says........
ORIGINAL: rayndog3

It doesnt just stop at the charger either. The xl-5 esc isnt rated for use with lipos, It cant handle the power and also doesnt have a low voltage cut off. I do believe the steering servo on the xl-5 also needs to be upgraded if you go over a 2s lipo. Well worth the money though, longer run times and way more power to play with.

you can use lipos with the XL-5, I believe 2cell 7.4volt max, and the XL-5 does have low voltage detection so you can run them, it just needs to be turned on. I've been borrowing my friends lipo when we run them at lunch at work, runs great, pops wheelies all the time. I've never heard of replacing the servo if you go with more than a 2 cell. I think plenty of people use a 3 cell with a brushless system and don't change the servo out.