RCU Forums - View Single Post - NV Engines (formerly Norvel) are returning?
Old 04-12-2011, 10:46 PM
DeviousDave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NV Engines (formerly Norvel) are returning?

Norvels were always priced under value compared to what you get out of them and what they take to make.

The problem is that in the years since Norvel stopped sending SIG engines is that electric power in the size ranges that a Norvel would typically fly have become an uncomfortable reality. I never thought I'd see the day when so many people were flying 1/2A to .15 sized airplanes-I just never thought I'd see them electric powered....... and I got in on the early days of E-power and have stayed with it.

Now, if you want to know what I think you should do with the product line, here's a list of what I would like to buy from Norvel:

An .074 with a factory diesel head, or at least a head I could buy
A factory 'race' motor with the hot mods that the FF and pylon guys use
Diesel 1/2A heads (which are coming)
A .10 sized motor in the same vein as the .074-with ball bearings
Those fabulous starters that Lite Machines made need to come back
Fuel bulbs that don't ruin glow plugs (common complaint, but I have not had any problems)

What Norvel had to offer before was pretty hard to beat, but I think it will take keeping the lineup fresh to retain customers interest over the long haul. I think pushing diesels makes some sense (though you might have to sell fuel, it's getting hard to find) because a .049-.061 norvel with a diesel head is a direct analogue to the park flier systems people are schoolyard flying with using 8" props.