RCU Forums - View Single Post - gas fuel with glo plug no ignition
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 10:13 PM
aero nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gas fuel with glo plug no ignition

Hey Captain and Rysium!!! Glad to hear from you guys, everybody has a point in favor or in con but the truth is that we all gain some experience in all this deal, Methanol may be cheap and easy to get in some places than in others, for example here in southern CA the last time I purchased methanol it cost me 5.95 vs 2.00 for gasoline, right now gas is almost 4.00 but considering the volume/weight factor I still think that gas is cheaper and less weight to haul in our planes, then you need to consider the special walbro carb designed for methanol that would handle the larger volume of fuel going through, but then again we ALL HAD FUN!!!!!!! in learning this new concept that lots of people thought that it could not work and it does.
How can we explain 97 pages of information, questions etc. that means that it cought the atention of a lot readers.
Now with the availavility of cheaper sources of engines, electronic CDI etc a lot of people chose to just purchase the engine that will run on gasoline and that's it, but remember that when we started this thread some years ago the only CDIs available costed a lot money and took the fun of light conversion away so we had to do some thinkering in order to achieve a light weight alternative of gas power and that is how I came about with this idea that a lot of you help me refine to a point that it was proven to work.
I still use gas/glow fuel on my CDI powered gas engines, as this helps my engine to run smoother and give me more power and rpms, try it on your DLE,DA,RCGF<CCRPRO etc engine and you will notice the change in performance that it delivers to your engine.
Well I think I said enough for the nigth, but once again I want to thank evrybody that made this thread what it is "THE DADDY OF GAS/GLOW FUEL"
Aero Nut