RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are People Crap Every where????
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 01:44 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Are People Crap Every where????

OK, so I am older now and don't solve everything with my fists. There was a time when I did. I am wiser now. You cannot control what someone else does, but you can control yourself. Yeah, it is a lousy deal, but it might have been resolved by just saying no. Sounds like the kid's mother has some sense. She might have made the gambler come up with the cash to buy it back or buy another. I just really don't see why the anger. I would be laughing at the jerk for his audacity to even ask for another.

I have long since learned, it is hard to undo something you start. Play chess??? I did not think so, but if you did, you would be thinking a couple of moves ahead and come up with a solution that did not involve assaulting someone and getting arrested. There is no justice in this world, we all know that. Only people that get justice, pay for it or know someone. Karma, what goes around comes around. He will get his...

ORIGINAL: cheezer1222

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

The chance you take striking anyone for any reason is the chance of killing them. Sure I know the chances are remote, but it has happened before and you sure don't want to go to jail over his sorry butt.

So it is always better to walk away pissed than risk a manslaughter charge. Once the fight starts, there is no ending it. He is a neighbor, no matter what kind of person he is.

A neighbor can pull all kinds of crap on you and get away with it. Now every time something happens, you will have to wonder if he did it.
LOL! Best post yet. WHAT IF YOU KILLED HIM!?!?!? Yes, let's look at the most extreme possible situation. I know you stated the chances are remote, and I definitely agree. I'd venture a guess that far less than 1% of fist fights end with catastrophic results such as comma or death. There's risk to everything you do. There's even a risk that walking away pissed could put enough stress on his heart to cause a heart attack. Sure the chances are remote, but I'd say it's as a good a possibility as knocking the life out of him with one punch.