RCU Forums - View Single Post - Im Seriously On the Verge of Losing This Hobby
Old 04-23-2011, 09:45 PM
evlwevl
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Im Seriously On the Verge of Losing This Hobby

Your dads sound like smart men. I started spending money on R/C soon after high school and my dad always stressed how important it was to save money. I wish I would have listened to him because I'd be on easy street right now instead of slaving away at work all day. I blew a lot of money on R/C and other hobbies instead of concentrating on earning and saving money.

I think hes telling you to save because hes been there, he knows what can happen. You dont want to end up with an awesome R/C collection and living with your parents at age 40.....believe me, I know many who are like that now.

I eventually got around to saving in my 30's, bought a house, got married and had kids. I have spent around 12 Thousand dollars in my lifetime on just R/C alone, not to mention other hobbies I have. I'm not saying to give up on R/C altogether, Im just saying to listen to what he's telling you and really think about it. There will always be time for RC later in life and you will find you have more disposable money to buy better R/C cars and trucks later on. Bottom line, if your frustrated now after breaking a few insignifican parts, this hobby isnt for you. You might want to think about leaving the trucks behind and getting into R/C sailboating instead, Ive never broken a part on my sailboat, well except for the time I accidentally stepped on it.