RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE20 discontinued?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 11:16 AM
ameyam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DLE20 discontinued?

The Extra 330s was really designed for glow.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMUY2&P=ML

I will have to use a GP 90-120 mount instead of the stock, the stock one is too soft and too small. I will also need to fibreglass the firewall as everyone does with their 50cc models for additional strength

From the weight point of view, you will have to look at what I was going to use originally- the 120ax. It is about 820gms and the DLE20 is about the same. The Phoenix Extra 330S 64" and the Phoenix Yak 64" are mostly the same airplane, the Extra seems to be more updated than the Yak. I have already flown a colleague's Yak 64" with a 120ax on board and it does tip stall mildly at low speed (for example at the bottom of a flat spin, when coming out of a harrier etc it feels like its on a banana peel, in the harrier there is a lot of wing rock) but its nothing that I dont seem to be able to handle. There are also custom SFGs some time in the future for this airplane in my planning (The model didnt come with them, the wing tips are flat)

I will mostly go with the DLE20, will order from Singapore as its cheaper. If it doesnt fit on the Extra, I have a Funtana 125 waiting for sometime later next season

Ameyam