RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just bought a nice LST2!
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 02:47 PM
ntrain42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just bought a nice LST2!

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

My orange stock LST2 Mach engine was very good - especially on top-end. The teal/silver engine has a bit more power - it was the stock engine in the Muggy/8B/8T(if you ever find one for dirt cheap for some reason, buy it... Great all-round low-hassle engine.. - very close to LRP Spec 3 power, missing a bit of the grunt, but drinking a lot less fuel...)

In a heavy LST2, I found the orange Mach had a great top-end(with a cold OS A5), but not really the grunt down low for wheelies-on-demand.., with the LST2's wheels which weigh approximately 12,000 pounds each..

I have a Big Red 28 in my basher right now.. It's OK and for the price I'm happy with it, but the LRP Spec 3 is better - and IMHO the perfect engine for an LST2... - though it will drink twice the fuel of the orange Mach...

You seem to know how to tune well and set your stuff up, so just get it, run it, and enjoy it..(and post videos, of course....)

Don't forget a tiny dab of threadlock on the wheelnuts... Also, btw, you can find stickers to cover the white rims if you really don't like them..

I would get a gear cover too - same part for all the Losi MT's... Though maybe get the truck first, run it on pavement to see how it goes.. That way, if there's something wrong, you can order whatever else you might need once you've inspected and tested the truck..
I see. I didnt really think it was the teal head, but wasnt sure. Im sure it will be fine. I can always stick something with a little more fire power in it later if needed I heard the LST's wheels/tires are really heavy. Id say that helps make it stable in the air, but im sure it also hurts performance. haha However, im sure it'll suit me fine how it is. Dont imagine ill change much on it. If i just have to have a wheelie out of it, i can put it in low range. lol . Honestly, Im kind of looking forward to having reverse. I took the reverse out of my MGT because it adds a ton of rotating weight, and since im pulling it, it'll free up some power. And my savage never had it. However, Ill be leaving it in this LST2 because it is nice to have reverse at times.

I have seen your video's of the big red. Looks like a pretty strong engine. Thats the only thing i dont like about the LRP's and things is fuel consumption. Really any .28 will suck more than a good .26 though. Ill definately order a gear cover. Dont really care to get any rocks in between the gears anytime soon. lol

Ill post some video once i get the truck and have time to run it a little. [8D]

Eric

If your gonna upgrade the engine and you want a great tuning powerhouse that isnt a complete fuel pig the only choice is the LRP .30x engine with the insulated carb and tuning inserts. 2nd best option is the Picco pullstart .28.

The big red etc. is kind of a waste of money if buying new/retail.........