RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just bought a nice LST2!
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 02:54 PM
ntrain42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just bought a nice LST2!

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

Thanks man. No worries, I normally dont do much in the way of hop ups unless i break something. I dont do a whole lot of jumping either because it is harder on parts, and im kinda more of a hill climber/ rough terrain kind of guy so thats what i normally do. I dont know where the gear cover is. I dont think it has it, but Jenny's RC on ebay has them for $3.99 shipped i believe, so ill pick one up most likely.

Yeah, there wont be any truggy tires for me. It will never be a racer as long as i have it, and I like the looks of the stock tires too. Only thing I would like is the XXL rims, but thats not too big a deal. haha Why do you say the 2 speed has issues with truggy wheels/race setup? Seems like it would be lighter and easier on the driveline?

I know what you mean. For me buying the vehicles isnt a problem, its keeping up on all the maintenance. I enjoy working on them, but at times it can be a little much when you have 6 R/C's. lol

Honestly, I had no real intentions of buying an LST2. My father in law bought his LST1 and I like it pretty well. So I was cruising the classifieds and found this one. I thought it was a pretty good price. My father in law gave a little over 200 for his LST1, so I got this for about the same price, except its got all the nicer beefed up LST2 parts.

Anyways, just another fun basher MT. I have a Monster GT pulling truck, and I may set this one up to pull every once in a while, though I imagine my MGT will stay my dedicated puller. As i have seen on my father in law's lst1, the low range in the transmission on these trucks is perfect for pulling, so its gonna be tempting not to try it out with the sled behind it

How is the Mach 427 for power? Seems I have always heard its a dang good engine in an MT. Also, is this one what is considered the Teal head? Id say ill leave it in the truck and run it like it sits. I have a spare Associated/Thunder Tiger .28 I can throw in if i feel the need, but for what im doing, the 427 should be plenty.

Anyways, I know a lot of guys really like this platform and I have grown a little more fond of it from seeing the LST1, so figured what better way to try something out than to try it for yourself, right? haha

Eric
Well if u "like" the original LST(which IMO is fragile in a number of areas) then you will really like the LST2. I would again at the very least upgrade to XXL status, the handling is alot better/more stable.

If your going to bash it hard. New Era skids/rollbar/and rpm-a-arms and ur pretty much set. I also prefer the new XXL tranny that eliminates the hi/low feature for a few reasons, but if you prefer it, then whatever floats your boat. QUality steering servos make a huge difference too. This is a truck where a pair of good torque servos makes a big difference. BAC link would round out the steering upgrade.

This truck can be as wild or as mild as you want it to be. Link to my 2 XXL builds(first one race/second bash): http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...ter-build.html