RCU Forums - View Single Post - FLORIDA RC AIRBOATERS
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 05:34 AM
Selph-Inflicted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FLORIDA RC AIRBOATERS

Lester, I'm not getting heated up. Just sharing info.

Let me reiterate I said. There is nothing wrong with getting an organization together. National or state level. I have talked with the boating organizations also and know all the red tape involved and its a lot.

This is what my county as well as the Florida Tourism Development Council is willing to do to draw in more tourism into our county and into Florida. Go back and read my second post. There will be NO COST involved to the airboaters, that is coming straight from the commissioners mouth. The Tourism Development Board DONATES funds to help tourism grow in Florida. I was simply sharing some efforts that we have accomplished to race/run in my county. To be able to have a facility for other airboaters from around Florida or out of state to come and race/run....to promote rc airboats. For this sport to grow to a national level, it must first start on a local level.

I was not putting one club up against another, simply sharing an option to help the sport grow. Since there still seems to be tension, I refuse to be wrapped up in it. This sport is fun and the tension takes the fun out of it.

Once again....good luck with you venture. I wish you all the best.