RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 07:13 AM
tenspeed59
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF

wellllllllll........I went and did it.....i found a used escapade that is wayyyyyyyy over powered....go figure huh???.....its got an older OS FP .60 size on it and it is wayyyy way wayyyyyyyy nose heavy.....i moved the battery back as far as I could....had to put the spektrum rx up underneath the landing gear pocket in the fuse......moved the fuel tank as far back as possible....etc etc etc.......after re arranging locations of everything and adding an MPI charging jack switch combo and a volt watch meter I was still able to remove over 3.5 oz of weight that the previous owner had epoxied underneath the tail of the fuse......and the stock tailwheel assy was mostly all missing so naturally I put in a Sullivan style tailwheel assy.....also I checked it out for lateral balance and was able to remove .5 oz of weight on the left wingtip that was epoxied there.....re sealed and tightened up the covering and checked throws and all......set up dual rates and expo but have yet to fly this plane to trim it out.......I am excited to be able to check it out after reading all the forum pages and studying up on this aircraft.....pix will be forth coming ASAP

Mark