RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4ghz metal on metal interference
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2.4ghz metal on metal interference

I admit I'm a little behind you guys because I started out with an old EK Logictrol Digital Propo. I learned to fly R/C on that thing (lost a couple too) and man I was hooked. Yep, I still flew my control line stuff but not near as often as before the Shiny New Bright RED EK. Yes, those were the good ole days. Not too many years later I picked up a Gold Case Futaba with exponential trims and off we went. I built a Flightline Models Scooter II when I had that Futaba and that baby is still flying today. I even still have the old OS 40 FSR that I ran on it and take it out once in a while for a few flights. That plane is roughly 26 years old and still going strong. Now for some interference stuff here is a picture of all the things you shouldn't do but it flies like a dream and has never suffered a single glitch in control. It has a Spektrum AR7000 and a gasoline converted SuperTigre 51 running a CH CDI. The throttle pushrod is metal and the ignition and receiver packs are nested on top of each other. If you notice the CDI case and AR7000 are sitting right next to each other. From my point of view, especially looking at this plane, 2.4 is dang near bullet proof short of an EMP device going off nearby. I just had to agitate a little but in truth I haven't dumped one due to radio problems since the 72mHz FM stuff came out. It's all been either dumb thumbs or plain ole stupidity like forgetting to refuel or charge the batteries before taking off.

As mentioned above, I keep hearing the same "I got hit" or "The radio glitched" and funny thing is some folks just never seem to have any problems. "Scratching Head" I wonder why that is. Any clues?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71083.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	1614088   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11369.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1614089