RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 8fg battery
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 05:51 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 8fg battery

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

It still fascinates me to no end how charging a battery is now an onerous task to be avoided at all costs. All I need is enough juice to get through a day of flying. If I have to put it on charge that night, then fine by me. In fact, I prefer that because then I know where my packs are. Going weeks without charging would make me more than a little nervous. It just ain't natural!!
It is very natural. Whether it is a Tx pack or a Receiver pack, the voltage should be monitored before every flight. I can rely on my LiPos and LiFe battery packs to hold their charge and not Self Discharge randomly. It takes me 30 minutes to charge and weeks to discharge. You do not have any better idea of the status of your batteries than I do.

I have been flying RC since 1978. I have used NiCads and NiMh for many years. I no longer have to worry about whether or not I charged last night. I don't have to wait hours to charge or end up with hot batteries because I had to Fast Charge.

This is 2011. We have newer technology in our radios and newer technology in our batteries. Don't be afraid of either.