RCU Forums - View Single Post - My first speed plane attempt now with video
Old 06-11-2011, 10:01 AM
iron eagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first speed plane attempt now with video

After looking at the video several times it looks as if it was a stall and recovery. After viewing the tape several times I saw that the nose dropped, it banked left and yawed left a bit as well as the prop finally got a good bite she picked up speed and he was able to fly it out. At least that's what it looked like, it happened so fast at the time the entire episode was over in a couple of seconds but really shocked me at the time. Once it got some speed she flew great no trim required the only real issue is the sensitivity to elevator inputs. And from what I gotten from the aerodynamics guys that is because of having the elevons rather than separate elevators and ailerons. Where the aileron function is barley adequate as it is I can't really limit the control throws mechanically so for the first time I am going to have to set up a plane with dual rates, expo and alike at least as far as the elevator goes. I am just looking at my Futaba radio to see how to do it as I have no clue how to program the darn thing. I have always been able to do the setup of my planes controls mechanically and never have used expo on a plane or radio in the years I have flown.

not that good but here is a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73KvIXXCZac