RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Leader Members or "Wanna Bees"
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA Leader Members or

ORIGINAL: TimJ

I see the anti establishment people are back at it again.

Being a leader member does not make you part of some Exclusive AMA underground Fraternity. It just means you have taken the time to be more involved with the hobby and AMA.
Seriously Tim, Larry was not the least bit involved, was never a club officer, never volunteered in a club, never was a CD or ever did anything else for the AMA or any club he ever belonged to. He told me flat out that he was qualified to be a LM because he was an aeronautical engineer (Visalia 2010). Which I told him was BS, which is why you are now the AVP in Orange County and I got fired. Jim Giffin approved his LM application because Jim was trying to be a nice guy.

Not anyone can qualify to be a Leader Member.
History would serve to prove this wrong.

But you have to meet criteria that awards you the privilege to be an AMA leader member.
Not so. Again, the one and only thing our current District VP had was a degree in aeronautical engineering. By his standard every aeronautical engineer in the US is qualified to be a LM.[/quote]

The current District X VP has none of that, and yet not only is he a LM, but also a District VP.

BTW, anybody heard anything about the District X Flying Site?