RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Rifle
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 09:45 AM
krproton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Great Planes Rifle

ORIGINAL: airraptor

I looked at this plane in the hobby shop thinking i might get one since i had a 24mm ammo motor just setting around. well once i pulled it out of the box. i put it right back in and and didnt buy it. Its heavy and the trailing edges are very thick. Good for new guys getting into planes in this speed range. A good set up would be a 28mm motor with around 2000 kv on a APC 6x5.5 decent speed and good pull in the launch.

The plane isnt for me. It would make a good project for a Norvel with one ounce round tank.
Understood.

Yes, the quality isn't the same as a Sunracer III, Voodoo, etc. But you can still go 120mph easily with much less at steak (dollar investment). Even on 2S you can still go around 100mph, then the plane is lighter (around 16.5 oz RTF w/1800mAh battery) making it easier for a beginner to launch, land, fly slowly, etc.

Higher kV motors (around 4,000kV) also make tremendous power (for easy launches) on a 4.1 x 4.1 or 4.5 x 4.1 (depending on the precise kV). Then, as previously mentioned, you'll want to reinforce the wing with a carbon spar.