RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aquacraft Motley Crew Video
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Diesel6401
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Motley Crew Video

I had my boat for about a few days before it ever hit the water. I re-torqued every screw, changed the motor/esc connections to 5.5mm and changed the esc power to 5.5mm, re-greased the flex shaft, line up the stuffing tube better added a octura coupler and 5mm thrust bearing all before she ever hit the water. I would dump the deans asap. I put 4 runs on it with a CF42 and a stock flexshaft then I got a better more true and reliable flexshaft and slapped the grim 42x55 on it.
ORIGINAL: Stinger9d9

Yup, it's the one AQ have been working on for a while now - just got mine today and REALLY want to go run it. I took a few things apart and did a little stuffing tube re-alignment, snugging up screws and I re-soldered the flex shaft for good measure.

I've been keeping an eye on this boat since it was announced. It's a great layout. I can't wait to hit the water with it.

One question I do have though is, should I replace the deans connectors with bullets before the first run? I probably will eventually, but I'm a bit impatient to get her wet and I do have a pair of 5000mah 20c packs with deans on them just sitting here...