RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzones New Warbird F4F Wildcat
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 09:54 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzones New Warbird F4F Wildcat

MAIDEN FLIGHTS OF UPDATED WILDCAT

After discovering a bargan for an airframe and realizing how much lighter a plane built from it as opposed to repairing my War Weary Wildcat I went for it, and I'm glad I did. My new stronger lighter F4F is a real killer!

PKZ 103 (11X4.7) props were used on both the Wildcat and my War Weary GUNFIGHTER and provided interesting performance with both low "C" batteries and smaller high "C" batteries in 10 - 15 MPH winds. I didn't notice much speed difference with the almost 1/4 pound lighter F4F but the heavier P-51 was unervingly slower than when flown with higher pitch props. I love the buzzing sound these props can produce.

Got a real scare while setting up for a landing with the new Cat. Honestly thought there was an electronic failure, shoved the throttle and stick forward and came in for a hot landing in some high grass. No detectable problems - I assumed it was wind turbulence and put up two more uneventful flights. After flying the unervingly slow Mustang I packed it in and nerviously drove home exhilarated that everything was still in one piece.

I love my little Wildcat. Let me know if there is interest and I will include pictures and descriptions of my toughter, lighter, and more powerful version of PZ's charming little machine on my CALL TO GLORY web site.

Out.