RCU Forums - View Single Post - SAP 180 (Syssa Performance)
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 11:30 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SAP 180 (Syssa Performance)

ORIGINAL: tele1974

Doesn't he have a 60 twin coming out? I have read that in a number of places. I found a place to score some Avgas... that was easier then I thought is was going to be. The manager of the Jet center must fly RC.
I guess I should have mentioned that Avgas 100LL is one of the main gasolines (along with Jet fuel) sold at every airport. Many Muni airports and Regional airports will often have self service. Bring your gas can and your credit card and you should be ready to pump. I just so happen to fly RC at a small Muni airport that happens to have the cheapest Avgas around. At 5.60$ a gallon it's bargain

The 60 twin from Todd should be hitting the market around Fall from the last conversation I had with him. It may be heavy for pattern but should be terrific for the 16 lb IMAC 30% planes available now.

With the help of a machinist friend I just put a DLE55 on a diet and managed to get the weight down to 42.8 ozs, shaving about 3 1/2 ozs. I believe that Todd could make a 55 single at 38 ozs which will put it in similar weight range as the YS170, but at considerable HP advantage. Problem would then become tail heaviness....Geeeeezzz you just can't win