RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do I need a larger capacity battery for my Rx.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:38 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Do I need a larger capacity battery for my Rx.

None that I have ever run into except I suppose a very few servos that may jitter when first turning on only I have not managaed to own any like that.

However going beyond the simple obvious safety factors with all the 2.4 systems useing five cell packs of capacitys roughly three times what we formerly used with 72 systems, this at about the same weight there is the hugh advantage of the faster servos.

Indeed it is a hugh advantage to all pilot skill levels even down to the lowly trainer plane with a brand new student.

I have been thourghly chastized for even suggesting this on the forums and even received hate mail because of this but one only need to spend day in and day out every day training folks to realize the hugh advantage and its accross the board for all skill levels.

Its also true that the advantage may not even be self evident to the individual however it will show over time.

I Did not take the complete changeover to 6 volts lightly as it was a major commitment and it was well before 2.4. 2.4 had nothing to do with that decision even though there are obviously advantages for 2.4 operations now that I made that changover also.

John