RCU Forums - View Single Post - FeiBao Mirage 2000 Build
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 07:30 AM
jetmodeller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FeiBao Mirage 2000 Build

ORIGINAL: philjac94

ORIGINAL: zonker123

Thanks for starting this thread. I have been looking at this plane for a while. My main concern is how well made the landing gear is as this was a concern of a fellow pilot who had some experience with one.
The landing gear is ok, the brakes however are a problem. The machine tolerances are way too tight for aluminium, you can overcome this by machining the end face of the brake (if you have a lathe) or by fitting a copper washer (glow plug washer) between the brake hub and the wheel, otherwise the wheel will gaul against the brake end face, and lock your wheel solid. Also with your drum sander in a dremel, grind down the Brake pad O ring so that the wheel spins nice and free.
Hi i am the guy who lost a model because of flutter,you have done the right thing in fitting two servos will be ok with that mod,the brakes are a problem,i took out one O ring completely and sealed the air hole with epoxy,with one O ring they work nice with two they lock up and take out the brake nipple!!I found the retracks a problem in that they would not go away,i fitted 4mm tube and used two air valves which cured the problem apart from that it fly,s great regards Keith