RCU Forums - View Single Post - Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 02:32 PM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Here are text from the transaction emails, I havent used the buyers actual name in respect of his privacy. I have started this thread for others to learn from this experience. I dont blame the buyer for being dissapointed. Insurance and documentation is sooo important!
Here is the text from our communications. I will post the results here to help sellers and buyers to better make good transactions. I hate to see anyone get undeserved badd ratings.
Denny

1)Denny,

As we discussed in earlier e-mails, I will pay $540 for the Bonanza, crate it , and send it to RI.

Thanks, Buyer

2)Denny,

I'll pay $540 for the kit, boxing it up, and shipping it.

Buyer

3)ITEM: XXXXXX - Top Flite Beechcraft Bonanza
QUANTITY: 1
AMOUNT: $540.00
INSURE: Buyer requires shipping insurance for 0% of agreed price
COMMENTS: offered price is for plane, landing gear, building crate, and sending via greyhound.

4)Hi, Has the Bonanza arrived yet?
Denny

5)no - but thanks for checking. i'll let you know as soon as it arrives.

buyer

6)still no sign of it. would you please see if Greyhound has any information on it.

thanks,

buyer

7)Buyer, I called the local greyhound here and gave them the number on the ticket (GLI 3062210833). The guy here cant search the computer to find it, he says they have to do it at corperate or something. I am going down there now to file a report and figure out what is going on. Maybe call the Providence Greyhound and see if they have it using the above number. Here attached is a copy of the ticket with the information on it. Please give me your phone number again.
Thanks, Denny

8)Denny,

Thanks for the follow up. I cannot get my local Greyhound station on the phone to see if they know anything.

Please let me know if you find additional information.

Buyer

9)any word from Greyhound? i'm looking forward to getting this model.

buyer

10)Hello Buyer, You know as much as I do as i gave you the info in the last email. The form I sent you a copy of was mailed to Greyhound corporate headquarters on Friday, I assume it will take 3 business days to get there. As I was told, corporate will initiate a search for it, they would rather find it than have to pay out insurance for it. According to the guy here, they will look for a week to two weeks and if it is not delivered to you by then, they would most likely pay out the $300 for insurance on it. So if my calculations are correct, the form mailed to Dallas should be there by today, give two weeks for them to find it and get it to you. Two weeks from today would be 3 July. If by then they haven't contacted me, I will ask for the insurance money or $300, the maximum they would insure it for. If I hear from them I will let you know. I have no power to do anything else, I have done all I can and as quickly as I can.
Thanks, Denny
Thank you. Hope things are going well for you.

buyer

11)Thanks buyer, I have shipped numerous planes and this is the first time there has been an issue. I know that doesn't make things any better but I am hopeful the plane will be to you soon. Lets give them till Monday, and then I will m,ake a call and see what their plan is. That will give them 3 or 4 days with it in their hands to take action on it. As soon as I hear anything, I will let you know right away.
Denny

12)Denny,

Still no word from Greyhound.

Have you got any more ideas?

Otherwise, I would like a full refund please.

Thank you,

Buyer

11)to be continued.....