RCU Forums - View Single Post - Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Lone Star Charles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Denny

It appears that the buyer here is only trying to protect himself. After all, he paid for the plane in late May – it is now early July. If he waits too long, he does lose all of his normal rights and remedies for a satisfactory resolution. It seems to me that you agreed to deliver him a plane and he agreed to pay you a price for that plane plus the shipping cost to him. If I were the buyer, I would want some assurance that I would get all my money back if I did not get the plane. I believe that his actions are only reasonable in this situation.

Unfortunately, it appears that the burden for delivery of the plane is on you. Suggest that you maintain your diligence with Greyhound. You are correct about one thing, and that is that the package is somewhere. Both you as well as the buyer will have to be patient until you find it. As far as locking up your wife’s PayPal account, that does seem a little unfair as long as the transaction is in dispute, but I know little about PayPal policies. I would not release your claim on the buyer’s funds until you find the plane; however, you will have to be the one to take all the action here. (Unless the buyer is motivated to help, but that seems unlikely.)

Charles