RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Newbie pilots to explain why you suggest motors on gliders?
Old 07-08-2011, 12:00 PM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Looking for Newbie pilots to explain why you suggest motors on gliders?

ORIGINAL: tobuy3003

Those are some good reasons. What I am seeing is that newbies drive out to our site and then try to convince me to add a motor when I already have my own setup in use that I am fine with. I explain to them about the nurmerous long flights and they ignore that and go into full detail on how to convert. I feel like the last guy would even stop by and drill the mounting holes for me. At my location I dont need anything else. In fact, even a tow plane would stay up without power here. I just like to figure out why people do what they do.

a) Because they like it
B) Because it is a free country
c) To each it's own

Some folks just do not get the concept and think they have to convince someone else to do things their way be power/no power, gas/electric/slime, whatever.

Said that, one has to admit that people are having so much fun, that they think they have to push other people in the same direction they are going:-)

My 3 cents

Gerry
PS: Decadeds ago I used a high start. I spent part of the time at the field fiddling with the HS. Then, with electric power, you get to fly more of that time, plus, your arm is not sore from stretching rubber:-) But, if stretching and setting up is your thing, by all means, do whatever makes you feel happy. Enjoy the hobby...