RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR R921 Receiver battery question
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 06:21 AM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR R921 Receiver battery question

ORIGINAL: willig10

Ok back to my original question. My receiver says ''Batt 1 bind'' and ''Batt 2 Data''. If I want to use 2 batteries say 2 4 cell batteries at 6 volts each or 2 5 cell batteries at 7.5 volts each is this ok for this receiver?

This is my first 9 channel receiver and I just bought the JR 9503 radio. I would like to use redundant batteries in my giant scale cessna 150 I am building.

The manual that came with the receiver and the transmitter manual do not discuss dual batteries. I guess I am looking for someone that has done this before. Anyone have any pictures they can post on their dual battery setup with the R921 receiver?

Thanks
Glenn Williams
That's the reason I'm asking Glenn. I have the 921 and the 9503 as well and when I set the plane up, I decided to go with a dual battery set up. Each time I've flown the plane, the battery in batt 1 comes back with reduced voltage while the battery in batt 2 is still at a full charge........or very close to it. They don't seem to drain at the same rate.

If the rx doesn't draw the same between ports, and it doesn't "switch" between them, then what's to stop it from draining the first and then NOT draw from the second?

I'm using lipo and regulators but that shouldn't make any difference. Just can't figure it out.............

Sorry to highjack your thread!

Paul