Old 07-09-2011, 07:16 AM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR R921 Receiver battery question

ORIGINAL: Zeeb

ORIGINAL: pdm52956

ORIGINAL: Zeeb

There should be a close relationship between the two as there is a common buss between the two packs through the rx buss so even if a battery gets low, theorectically it should balance with the other pack.
Having said that, I'm not running a batt share system here so perhaps that might be why I'm seeing this?

Paul
In your case, all you 'gotta have is one regulator which is set just a ''titch'' off what the other one is and it'll do what your talking about. Physically switch 'em from side to side and see if the issue follows the change.

I used to use the BatShare and it's a pretty neat idea, but they're really a current bottleneck for most GS stuff since they cannot carry enough current to support the servo demand. I wouldn't use a straigh BatShare.
OK, now that makes sense. I did switch battery 1 and battery 2 and after that, battery 2 came back with the decreased voltage instead of battery 1.

So let's assume that the regulator specific to batt 1 is allowing a "tick" higher voltage then the regulator on the batt 2 slot and that's the reason it's drawing from batt 1 and not so much from batt 2. If batt 1, the switch or some electronic component associated to batt 1 fails, it should still draw from batt 2 at that point correct?

Once again Glenn, sorry to highjack!

Paul