RCU Forums - View Single Post - To Stampede or not to Stampede, that is the question.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Freezetron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Stampede or not to Stampede, that is the question.

Shock! Disbelief! Horror! Stunning!

Yes, those are the words you might be thinking of when you hear about what i've been thinking about for awhile now. As much as I enjoy my Savage Flux, its gotten to the point where charging two batteries, swapping em out after their done and spending 6+ hours charging them is getting a little old. On top of that, my Slash 4x4 has utterly spoiled me in the maintenance dept. Its so easy and quick to tear apart to check things, replace, clean and maintain in comparison to the Flux. No, the Flux isn't hard, but getting to the diffs or center diffs takes more time, parts wear out faster due to heavier and bigger design and its costing me more then I honestly wish to maintain a secondary hobby truck.

Been thinking about going with a Stampede 4x4 for not only the stock waterproofing but also the ease of maintenance and dissassembly like my Slash 4x4 has, only dealing with 1 battery, replacement parts that are cheap and easy to replace, lots of hopups and mods that I can do do it. On top of that, its a smaller and lighter truck, so parts do not wear out as quickly vs the larger and heavier Flux. Been also pondering just running the Stampe with 3s so I get my power and speed need and maybe upgrade to the SCT Mambo Pro from castle for more power later on and throwing on a Slash 4x4 chassis for better handling. I can basically turn it into a SC truck on steroids.

With the RC club and gatherings in my area not looking to good and me having to chase down people and pratically beg them to meet out at the track, I may end up selling the Slash 4x4 and having just one RC truck to do it all with. highly modifiable, cheap, easy to run/work/maintain RC monster truck that I can use year round, sunshine or snow, track side or bashing wise.

Or am I just flat out crazy?