RCU Forums - View Single Post - GOLDWING MX2
Thread: GOLDWING MX2
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:14 AM
bipeflr
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GOLDWING MX2

Thanks to all responding, I started assembly of my 50cc goldwing MX2. I used the supplied drill template to install my engine and after bolting it in place found the shaft extended 3/8" too far past the cowl and since the cowl ring does'nt allow adjustment I cut the standoffs back 3/8". Now the carb and choke linkage is binding against the firewall. I ground out enough for everything to fit,replaced the engine and mounted the cowl. The length was fine but the shaft was 1/4" too low. Wish I had caught that the first time. Removed the engine and mounts,plugged the mounting holes with short lengths of dowel and epoxy,cut 1/4" off the top of the supplied template and redrilled the holes and ground the triangle stock behind the firewall at the top to allow for flat washers to fit flush with the firewall.......Don't get me wrong the construction seems great and it looks fantastic I just wanted to warn others to check their cowl engine fit before drilling and they won't have to do it three times like I did.....another possible problem I found is when mounting the servos in the stab the rib is balsa and I put plenty of ca on it to harden it so the screws wont vibrate out. Hope this helps someone. Jim