RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Championships Experience
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: World Championships Experience

We made it out to the Muncie flying site this evening. A thunderstorm blew through earlier, but there were several flyers at site 1 and several at site 3. We stopped by site 3 just in time to watch the Great Britain flyer Keith Jackson flying and got to renew some old acquaintences and friends there. It was great seeing Bert DeLare again. Bert and I go back to the 2005 Romily contest, when my fuselage was stuck back at Dulles Airport and never made it to Paris. He lent me his airplane and I proceeded to fly it at this contest. He spend some time with Chris Hinson at Extreme Flight practicing and will be flying the new Vanquish pattern airplane that they are introducing. For those in pattern not familiar with Extreme Flight, they make large and small scale IMAC and aerobatic planes and to include the Extra, Yak, Edge and MX-2. The introduction of pattern will be popular for those wanting to bridge over to pattern flying. This will be positive for our sport, I believe. Bert will be representing Belgium at the World Championships.

Since the camera cord is at home, looks like I'll be doing some shopping for a digital camera tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning is judges training which is scheduled to start at 9 a.m. I was asked by Dave Guerin to fly demonstration flights for the judges during this training session which is scheduled to start at 11 a.m.

Til then,

Don