RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help choosing a motor / esc combo for super skybolt conversion
Old 07-24-2011, 08:55 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help choosing a motor / esc combo for super skybolt conversion

I have been using the Turnigy Plush ESCs a lot and I got no issues with then even when pushing it to 1200W, they are great. Get the 80A one. As for the motors, you get what you pay for, they are cheap because they will not take abuse. I do like the Dualsky ones but check out the new motor and see what KV is suitable, their last series equivalent to the 4130-16 had too low a KV and it would only run well on 6s with at least a 17x10 or even an 18x8. What I dislike about the AXI is the gold plating will tarnish, I keep mine oiled with light machine oil.

Look at the reviews on HobbyCity motors, the gold ones are not too great. Many say the SK series is decent. Try a Scorpion or even a Rimfire, both are sweet. But if you got the cash to spend, I love Plettenberg motors. Hackers are sweet too. I think 4,000 mAh packs would be good.

You can get the motor mount from Great Planes, they are nice and sturdy if not make stand offs like what is used for gas engines but remember to make a bigger base for it to be stable. DualSky sells stand offs of various lengths.