Thread: RADIAN
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RADIAN

ORIGINAL: FrankFuss

Make sure the connectors are actually seating all the way. With mine, on the Y-cables, the pins in the female connectors were offset in one direction. I had to bend them a little so that they were centered. Other that that I had no problems. Good luck.
Hi FrankFuss,

Thanks for your response. It is much appreciated.

Ya !!! ___Good luck is what I need in this case.

I have seen lots of ARF and RTF at the flying field but I never played with them myself.
They were not mine.

This is the first ever RTF I have acquired in all my years of modeling.
I now had the opportunity to see how cheap and poor quality they can be.

I even reinforced the fuselage rear end as it was flexing so much just ahead of the stabilizer.
the cross section of foam is quite small. A friend at the field had told me about it and had done it on his Radian.

The Spectra I am building has no comparison. The regular structure of balsa and balsa sheeting is by comparison solid as a rock. I only have more work to do on the wings. The rest is all done..

I managed to squeeze inall the metal female connectorand had the initial flight but I have no confidence in the reliability of these cheap connectors. It is a good thing that this is a model I do not really care about. If it fails and smashes to pieces I have lots of Weldbond and duck tape .
Also lots of accumulated foam from the grocery and from packagings.

It is tun to fly and very responsive. Of course being all foam and nearly all the weight that close to the CG it definitely need dual throws and some exponential which I now have to do. I am used to models in the 7 to 12 lbs while this is only a bit over 2lbs (34.6 oz) .

I bought it on impulse. I bought the Spectra to have an electric sailplane but I can hardly find the time to finish it. This one was finished in about one hour Hee! Hee! .

I think "old age" is catching up with me.

Best regards de Zor.