RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hitec A9 Warning-Ignition Kills
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 02:50 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec A9 Warning-Ignition Kills

ORIGINAL: fritzdecat

"A gazillion engine kill systems out there on a gazillion different TX/RX combos and one TX/RX comes up with a problem. I would tend to favor the opinion that the problem lies with the TX/RXnotthe optical kill."

Would you also recognize the fact that there are many factors involving the coupling of a gas engine and a 2.4 system that could also lead to failure? Some people want to fixate on the switch LOL Theres more than one gremlin in
this mess I assure you.

How many factors are there?

Couple a servo to a Rx. Simple plug and play operation.
Assuming the Rx has enough ports to accept further inputs, an Opto kill switch is just another device that receives a command decoded from the Tx. There no Gazzillion and one things to go wrong.
Even if a opto Kill fails its takes power from a Rx. Does that circuit failure spike the Rx circuit and overload it> I highly doubt it. If a light bulb fuses does it take down the Main distribution board? Only if there is a problem with the distribution board.

So whats left? Users and two pieces of equipment.
Users, well yes people get things wrong but how wrong can you hook up a gassers electrics. Errrmmm Ignition to battery. Right thats isolated. Throttle servo to Port 3 on Rx.
So assuming theres not a continuus metal pathway from engine to Rx, we're good to go.

Equipment: is it possible that the equipment is susceptible to RFI?

All that is clear is that there id far too little information available to make conclusive deductions either way