View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 07:26 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9 charger

ORIGINAL: the pope Hi the charger that came with the set doesnt appear to charge the trans. the light wont come on at all. I have a flash 5 set and the charger that came with that has a different volt output. Can I use this charger with the aurora ? I am scared to try in case I cause damage to my new transmitter.Thanks Michael
1. There are two holes on back of Aurora, plug fits into both - check using correct socket on rear left
which has "Charge &(+ center)&(- Outer)" symbols above it.
2. No, do not attempt to charge the six cell NiMH battery with an eight cell charger (Plugs are also diffeerent suzes to prevent accidents)
3. Aurora 9 - Battery is not charged. Charge before first use so as not to damage battery.
Battery is 1300 mAh_charge rate is 80 mAh (to minimise damage if left on to long at any time) = 19-20 hours for first full charge - please read the further details.
4. Aurora 9 - 110/230 Vac charger Charge Plug/adaptor sizes.
[Red LED does not change to Green simply dims out but charge continues same rate].
5. Aurora 9 - Diode in TX Charge Circuit Never Jump TX Charge Circuit Diode - Hitec FAQ.
6. Aurora 9 - Lipo & Field Charging. includes Fast Charge Aurora, Eclipse 7, Flash 4&5, Laser, Optic 6, Prism 7 etc.

and more under Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

in need,email direct toHitec Warranty & Service
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
All other countries see appropriate distributor for service.
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links