RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build my own Jet Radio
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 12:32 AM
2_Subway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Build my own Jet Radio

ORIGINAL: JohnMac

Well I have been using the ACT system for about 4 years now. It works 100% but unless you are a German speaker, you do need patience. I have fitted it into one of my Multiplex 4000 Tx's and it works very well. Over here in Europe, we are limited to 100 mW output power per channel. Since the ACT system uses twin output modules on two spots at the same time, you effectively get 200mW of power.
There isa vast array of options to try to cover every eventuality so you do need to study and choose carefully, just what you need.
Klaus is a good engineer and a really nice guy. He is very supportive and helpful.
I used the ACT system in my Bandit for a year without issues, but I have now changed it out for the Multiplex M-Link system (in all my jets). The ACT system is now installed in all my large scale gliders. The split is just for practical reasons, one system for jets and power models, one for jets.
I have seen a lot of jets lost due to radio problems and a lot more where the radio was innocent! But none of the radio problems occurred with European radios. I won't be going back to far eastern radios anytime soon.

Hi JohnMac,
I spoke with a modeler here in Germany that told me about this limitation about the 100 mW output and he also told me that in the US they're capable of using up to 500 mW. I didn't ask any further questions about it with him but I ask you all.....how does this affect a person who uses a radio in Europe at 100 mW and then moves to the US where everyone is using a higher output level? Thanks!
Henry