RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brushless motor questions...
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 11:28 AM
JustHover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless motor questions...

I know there is a place for robotics specific questions, however this is an unusual request, even for robots... I know there are folks here who use CC brushless motor controllers...

I'm wanting to use a couple 1/18th scale brushless motors for a differentially steered mini sumo robot. I'm looking at the CC Mamba Micro Pro or the Sidewinder Micro. I need the forward and reverse to be symmetrical, and I'd like the thing to break when not commanded forward or reverse. The problem is I don't want to drop a couple hundred just to test the feasibility. They tell me everything is adjustable, but I can't see through the hype for the information I really need. I even wrote Castle Creations support but they blew me off. Anyone who has experience with these motor controllers wanna help a guy out?

I also see they package these controllers with motors. They have 4200kv, 5400kv, 6800kv 8000kv motors. Which to choose? Run times are very short, 3 minutes. I want the most torque possible and will need to make gearboxes to get the rpm's down to usable levels, around 750 to 1000.