RCU Forums - View Single Post - Me Old Futaba T6XA
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 10:04 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Me Old Futaba T6XA

2.4ghz and spread spectrum are the same thing. It is the latest greatest in radio technology for RC. Supposedly, there are no more interference issues since each transmitter andreciever "bind" with eachother and can not be affected by any other signals.There is no more "channel" to worry about. Each rx andtx communicate with each other and continuously find their own channel.You can theoretically have as many pilots as youwant flying at the sametime without interference.

However, there are still some glitches, as there always is with new tech. So a lot of us, including myself, are still flying with 72mhz radios. In fact, I still use a6Amyself. I happen to live in a rural area where interference issues with 72mhz are not a big problem. But if I lived in a more urban area, I would probably be more likely to switch to 2.4ghz..

2.4ghz is just like 72mhz in that you can spend as much or as little as you like depending on wether you want a top of the line JR or Futaba, or a just a basicradio or other brand. You should expect to spend between $300 and$500 for a decent new 6 channel radio and rx. Of course, you will always find good deals on used equipment if you're looking to trim the budget. You can search ads right here on RCU classifieds and probably find a suitable set up with flight battery and all for less than $300.

If you do decide to go with 2.4ghz, don't throw that T6X away, there are still many of us buying those 72mhz radios here and on e-bay.