RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need help with SD10G Throttle Control
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 04:22 PM
ArchNemesis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help with SD10G Throttle Control

You do want to have a higher flying idle.  And the "brake" is only engaged when you have your idle ALL the way down. 

I have 'Idle down' on switch #1 and I keep my throttle trim all the way down.  Idle down (when it's turned on) lets you set a fixed throttle trim position that won't change with the trim tab.  So put Idle down on a switch, turn it OFF, set your throttle trim all the way down.  Plug in your batteries and then go to the idle down menu.  Turn the switch ON and then set the value to a reasonable idle...More than just barely turning.  Mine is set fairly high but sufficiently low that the model would easily sit still on a paved runway.

At this point, you're all set. Just have the switch off when you plug in your batteries (if you're not using fixed endpoints on the ICE controller find that on another thread here as thats a good set up too).  Then when you're ready to go, flip the switch and you'll have your flying idle.  When you want braking, flip the switch off.  I have my controller set to 30% braking FYI.